Vape checklist for kits and mods
For those that are new to vaping, the subject can be extremely complicated. The many mods, coils, tanks and liquids available can be confusing, leaving you wondering which kit you need and how to pick the right one for you.
With such a choice on the market, it can be challenging to find the information you need to get started, let alone thinking ahead about what you should do if something breaks down, your liquid runs out, or you want to upgrade your kit. So we want to help ease that process for you and have created this new vaping checklist to make your transition into vaping easier.
Should I Buy a Basic Vape Kit?
Basic vape kits are often the ‘go-to’ for new vapers. It’s easy to understand why. You’re getting a kit that is ready to go out of the box, and the kit has been constructed to all work well together.
Basic Vape Kits are popular, and for some people, the basic kit is all you will ever need. However, it’s also common for vapers to gradually upgrade their Vape Kits, so they are more tailored to the way they vape.
For example, you may want a Vape Kit with changeable batteries so you can Vape throughout the day. Or, perhaps you wish to vape with different flavoured e-liquids, so being able to swap tanks with your different flavours would be useful. In these instances, a basic kit may not be the best option.
Some of the basic kits are not upgradeable. So if you are taking up vaping with the idea of potentially adding aspects to your quiver of mods and tanks, make sure you choose a kit that you can alter.
Beginner kits such as the Aspire Pockex Kit are the perfect go-to starter kit, but they are not upgradable. Of course, you may choose to have a basic kit to travel with, whether it’s for going to work or backpacking in another country. These smaller, more easily packed vapes, are perfect for that.
Upgradeable Starter Kits
If, however, you want to have more versatility in your vaping experience, then going for an upgradable or interchangeable kit is the way forward for you. These are the checks you need to make before purchasing your new gear.
- Mods - If you are upgrading your mod you will need to check that your connection is the correct size and fits the diameter of your preferred tanks.
- Batteries - Batteries vary in size and output, so you have to make sure that the batteries you purchase are the correct size for the mod and the right output. Your mod will have a specific wattage range, and therefore, your battery must match that or you may find that your mod doesn’t work correctly.
- Tanks - The first thing you should be thinking about is how do you like to vape? Are you a direct to lung vaper or a mouth to lung vaper? The other items you should look out for are - a 5.10 connection. Most vapes have this type of connector, but its always worth checking as some will differ. Other connections that you may come across are, for example, the Ego Connection of the Aspire K1 Tank.
- Wattage - The wattage of your devices is vitally important. Having a mod that has a low wattage would mean that your new tank must also run at the same variants. If you like to vape at 80 watts, and your mod will only run at a maximum of 50 watts, yet your tank will run up 200 watts, then you will have an issue. You must check that your tank, mod and batteries all run a similar wattage.
- Liquids - Wish PG/VG ration are you planning to use? Some kits can potentially leak if you try using a too thin liquid, so make sure you have the right liquid for the job by checking your tanks preferences. You can also change the type of hit you want depending on the ration of PG/VG. You can find out more about this here.
- Coils - Coils will be the aspect that you are changing the most. You must check the wattage and your coil’s OMH rate to make sure that it works correctly with your tank. There is more in-depth information about coils here.
New to Vaping FAQ’s
Where do I start with vaping?
Always start by doing research. You need to find a kit that suits your lifestyle and where you want to vape. If you are always on the go, then a basic kit like the Aspire Pockex mentioned above could be ideal. If you are unsure, please contact us, and we can guide you further.
What age can you start vaping?
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase or use nicotine-based products.
Is vaping safer than smoking?
Yes. It has been proven that vaping is substantially safer than smoking cigarettes. If you are thinking about quitting smoking and making the switch to vaping, you can read our guide here.
Can I vape inside my pub, bar or workplace?
No. The same restrictions apply to vaping as do to smoking. Public transport such as planes, trains and buses also restrict vaping within their confines. Workplaces may also have smoking and vaping zones.
How long will my vape last when charged
If you have charged your vape fully and use it moderately, it should last a similar length of time as a mobile phone. You will probably need to charge it once a day if its 3000mah (battery capacity) or above, if the battery capacity is lower, then it won’t last as long.
How long will my coils last in my vape?
The main factors that can affect your coils are the wattage you are vaping at and even the flavour of juice you are using. If you use the vape more frequently or choose to vape at a higher wattage, this could also equate to a faster battery drain and coil deterioration.
How should I charge my vape?
We recommend that you only charge your vape using a maximum one AMP charger. We do not recommend using your tablet chargers as they are of high power. Phone chargers can be used as long as they are under one AMP.
If charging using a USB on a device such as a laptop or TV USB, you may find the charging takes longer.
Always use the cable provided in your kit.